Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Composition of HQs

mtaylor

Does anyone have a sample of the content of 'The Composition of the headquarters of the forces in the field 1915-1919' (copy in the IWM) or know of any copies outside IWM? I am wondering if its worth a trip to the IWM to look up given that its impossible to get any sense from their new web pages which have effectively barred enquirers from accessing anyone with any knowledge direct .

Thank you. Presumably the basis of his book?

Would you believe that IWM have just referred me to Canberra 'cos its faster than getting an answer out of them!! I know they're under pressure (and their new web pages are rubbish) but really.

Here are some example pages from SS 407, August 1916.

post-671-0-40325700-1459461274_thumb.jpg

post-671-0-37868500-1459461295_thumb.jpg

Thanks all and thanks Chris for the sample page. Would you happen to have the index page that shows the page numbers for the 119th Infantry Brigade (40th Division)?

No

Chris - Thanks anyway. One other question if I may? The sample was from Aug 1916 so I guess the volumes are made of regular reissues of the info with updates as necessary? Monthly?

The AWM has Aug. 1916 -- Mar. 1917 -- July 1917 -- Oct. 1918 --Jan. 1919 -- Mar. 1919.

I did PM you.

Chris - thank you - its been a disrupted day and I had not noticed the PM. Will respond.

Mike