Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Easter Rising Records on Ancestry - Free

MickLeeds

Hello.

This is a new record set just arrived on Ancestry. I can't find out exactly which records are included so I'm not sure if these are already available at the Irish National Archives. All records are free to search.

This is the blurb:

"You’ll find Prison Registers, Courts Martial records, as well as British Forces Intelligence Profiles and even a letter sent by Padraig Pearse, one of the leaders of the Rising, to his mother, just days before his execution. We're making these records free permanently for anyone to search."

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/group/easter_rising_records?o_iid=70475&o_lid=70475&o_sch=Internal+List#databases

Edit. The records include:

Courts Martial Files, 1916-1922.

This collection covers Field General Courts Martial Records, with nearly 2,000 searchable names and additional names found within the images. Each record contains evidence against the defendants, their statements and proclamations.

Intelligence Profiles, 1914-1922.

Included in this collection are photographs, newspaper clippings and notes recording Sinn Fein meetings as well as the everyday movements of those deemed to be suspects in the eyes of the British forces.

The records in this collection date mainly from 1917 but include some people who were involved in the nationalist movement prior to 1917.

Also contained is these files are an alphabetical roll of prisoners and detailed individual prisoner cases imprisoned as a result of Court Martial Proceedings.

Mick.

I think most are actually from The National Archives (UK), being from the British side of things

Ha ! Thanks, I should have realised that. It does state "Original data: The National Archives of the UK."

The records are permanently free to search.

Mick.