Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench Sections

AndrewBelsey

post-18209-0-36803600-1458163927_thumb.j

post-18209-0-90657000-1458163940_thumb.j

I've also started making bases for a figure company called Tommy's War. The last photo is of two of my bases that you can buy now. I am populating the sections mostly with Tommy's War figures.

Brilliant

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding, may I ask where you get the figures from and what scale are they.

Regards

Peter

Thought I'd share some of the War Diary drawings made by my grandfather's battalion CO (124th) when they re-enforced the area from Lens to Vimy during the Spring Offensive. The Germans, it seems, preferred to avoid the area

post-45297-0-47473600-1459262789_thumb.j

post-45297-0-88911500-1459262804_thumb.j

post-45297-0-99042500-1459262832_thumb.j

Thanks for the complements and for the sections Sean. They are all 1.32 scale - 54mm figures made by Tommy's War. I make bases for them now - see last photo.

I've added more figure now.

post-18209-0-73541400-1459881550_thumb.j

post-18209-0-70787400-1459881560_thumb.j

These sections are absolutely extraordinary. I am full of admiration, very, very impressive!

Such a clever idea and so beautifully realised - illustrations brought to life

David

• 3 months later...

My models are on display in the Remembering 1916 Exhibition in South Croydon, London. They have 8 of my 1.32 trench sections and my 1.285 front line trench model on show. The exhibition is on until the end of the year and one of the best displays I have ever seen. I prefer it to the new revamp of the IWM.

IMG_1650_jpg_whitdisplay.jpg

On 7/7/2016 at 06:02, AndrewBelsey said:

My models are on display in the Remembering 1916 Exhibition in South Croydon, London. 

Congratulations to you Andrew!!  Splendid work.

• 4 weeks later...

Andrew has produced an article on his trench sections in the current (July) edition of Military Modelling.  Excellent article detailing the techniques used to construct the trenches.  Outstanding work, Andrew!

I'm always in awe of the skill some people have. These are simply superb. So much more telling than a simple photo. Brilliant job!

• 2 months later...

There's a glowing report of the Remembering 1916 exhibition by the Western Front Association. See link below

http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/all-about-the-wfa/wfa-news-events/wfa-latest-news-releases/5962-remembering-1916.html

It includes this statement about my models.

"There is an extraordinary collection of miniature models, so tiny you need a magnifying glass to appreciate their detail. This intricate layout of a trench system is one of the best ways I have seen to illustrate, and show the geography of a mature part of the western front with little need for explanation."

432091.jpg

If this report doesn't encourage you to try to get to the exhibition, I don't know what would.

• 1 year later...

https://andybelsey.imgur.com/

I'm afraid that I've not been active on this forum for a while now - sorry! I do continue to glance now and then. Meanwhile my models have got coverage on the internet around the world and can be found even by searching for trenches. If you click on the link above you can find latest images of my models or go to my on-going blogs on the Military Modelling Forum. I have written several articles for the magazine and have others planned.

The Remembering 1916 exhibition finished last year and the models are now back home awaiting a permanent home? Meanwhile they are educating online. I have plans for a book or website, to explain their details further.

Andy B

• 4 months later...

After another Imgur post, which had 230000 views in one day I decided that I must set up a website. It's just a Wix free site - I'm not profiting from it. Hopefully I'm educating about trenches.

I'm looking for feedback, so please let me know how I could improve it. There's a link on my footer below but here it is as well...

https://andybelseymodels.wixsite.com/mysite

Andy