Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

great war etchings/drawings

Soren

Soren... Sorry I did not see this thread earlier! Thanks for sharing, and I agree with everyone else, these are great.

For me, with you thatched style, and the black and white color they all look like something someone would have done in the trenches. It looks as if they were done by a Tommy or poilu in the trenches sketching what he saw every day. These are truly great, although I would have to say you did pick one of the best for your Avatar. (Though I don't know why its called that.)

Andy

Brilliant drawinings Soren. For images of French helmets do a Google image search and type in Adrian hemets. Just tried it and it works :)

Roger.

Soren

Just found this thread.

Fantastic drawings and thanks for sharing them with us all.

Please keep them coming. I look forward to seeing some of thecompleted works.

Thanks again.

Dave

Guest Frillidan
I thought that as I was not there my pictures were not legitimate....

Brilliant stuff, Soren! You get such amazing authenticity with so few strokes--the effect is wonderful, and I'm so glad you posted your work! It actually reminds me of some sketches or studies from the period.

Now back up to where I have you quoted above (ideally I would have everything in order, but such technological prowess eludes me). I can most certainly empathize--I think a great deal of people interested in recreating the war in any way probably feel the same. I'm trying to write a novel centering on the war, and I worry that I won't do justice to the "experience," or that I'll somehow muck things up. Do I have the right to even attempt such a thing?.... :unsure:

I guess the same might be said for reenactors, as despite all the pains they go through to keep it authentic, they're in no danger. But I guess at the end of the day, we all want to honor the memories of those who served in whatever way we can, and as long as we're serious about research and all that--which you most certainly are, with your search for French helmets and all--I think it's an important thing to do.

Wow...sorry for the oration! I'm all done now. :)

And please keep working away on that picture of Owen!

Egbert,

Re: i bet you cannot draw an nco from infanterieregiment 36...right?

Where can I find an image of the uniform? and then I'll post one,, sounds French or Belgian......

Soren

Sorry I mean Infanterieregiment 49; I'll scan and send you some pics of Granddad if you send me your email-address :)

'Ello,

is there a comprehensive foto archive on the internet that I can use to get the uniforms and equipment correct?

For instance I've been wanting to see what a Brit field abulance looks like.... with no luck, even did the RAMC website???? nothing......

post-8-1102480514.jpg

Soren,

You have real talent. Thanks for sharing with us.

Paul

Soren

I think these are marvellous, I really do.

Well done. Keep it up.

Bu**er the supermarket!

Martin