Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

great war etchings/drawings

Soren

Awwww,

Hey Guys,

I thought no one cared about 1914-1918, and I thought that as I was not there my pictures were not legitimate.... You have all proven that not to be true...

I thank you all... and shall post pictures if thats OK with the Peeps in charge as and when I do them...

Yet again I want to say thanks, I've really got my 'how you doin?' back.......

Soren :huh:

Dear All,

Well If I've inspired creativity in people then thats great, if I have made people laugh then that's even better... as I feel that was probably the one fundamental thing these guys had in those trenches......... humour.....

I'll not go on about the subject.. but, I feel so much respect for these boys that I thought it crass to make art from the aftermath as it were..

Having heard the response that I've had from people that I respect from a truly invaluable website... I have now the convindence to go about my mission with all haste..........

Many thanx

Soren :)

Hi Soren

and I thought that as I was not there my pictures were not legitimate.

That is how I feel about my drawings but then again I am sure it was not me who draw them if who know what I mean :ph34r: .

Annette

Strong!

Soren,

An excellent body of work with a strong personal style and impressive technique.

I really like these pieces, especially the informal studies.

Congratulations.

Mike

Soren.

Your art work looks excellent - thanks for sharing some of it with us.

I don't know if you have considered selling any of it on a commercial basis but if you do have a word with David Cohen whose site can be found from the link below.

David Cohen Fine Art

I think he only sells contemporary WW1 art but he may have some advice if you want to go down this route. He is extremely nice and I have bought a few pieces from him in the past.

Good luck.

Neil

Mike and neil,

Many thanks for yoour comments... much appreciated, the Cohen website is really good so possibly an avenue I'll consider, regarding sales....

Cheers

Soren

Hi Soren,

I have my degree in Graphic Design too, and came under the same criticism about it not being relevant to modern day life. Like you I stuck it out too and am pleased that I did.

I really like your work, it reminds me of a Scottish graphic designer, Francis Cadell, he was in the 9th Royal Scots. He did some fantastic line work. But it also reminds me of another less well-known Edinburgh graphic designer from the period called Mac. I have a copy of one of his ink drawings of a 9th Royal Scot (by chance) that is very similar to your own drawing of a Jock (I think Argylls by the look of the cap badge and glengarry).

Keep up the excellent work.

I would love to put up some work to share with the rest of the forum, but it will have to wait until time allows me to get near to my scanner!!! :D

Really beautiful works Soren, very well done.

With my best regards,

Tim

Hi Soren,

Found a copy of the Mac drawing.

All the best,

Tim

post-8-1101857378.jpg

hi Steve,

Now that you have described the supermarket as you have, I'm gonna get my pencil out get down there! What do you recommend? The SPAR or Waitrose????

Soren

:lol: . Tough call that ... I find the best flirts at Tescos myself - theyve even flirted with me bless 'em. Mind you, the manager had words with her about bringing her guide dog into work with her ... summat about hygeine praps?!

The best Trolley racing Ive tasted came from Co Op, but they dont like clearing up after you for some odd reason. Cant imagine why??!! Waitrose are a bit too posh (so they think anyway) for a decent trolley race, but the staff look just as bored there as anywhere else, and the Spars are usually a bit too small to get a decent head of steam up, so ya cant really call it racing as such!

Hmmn. On balance Id have to go with Tescos really, as the aisles are nice & long so you can really belt down them! And you can usually find another customer to join in with the sport fairly easily, as theyre not too posh!!! Their car parks are usually pretty good for a decent getaway too ...

Righto, off to scare a few shoppers & pat some dogs now :P

Excellent, ... We have lost too many artists and musicians becuse some expert/teacher trampled on their budding aspirations.

Gareth

Second that!

Just got to read all the posts & what a great thread!

Keep a' drawin Soren