Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

blank medal card ?

agooner

• Admin

Ken,

That link is for Cadet Walter Harold Ryder.

The correct NA reference for William Harold Ryder is: WO 372/17/137808

Martin

Thanks Martin

James,

Sorry but my understanding is that MOD will only issue medals that were "returned" - hence my creation of returned medals topic that you posted on.

It has been established MOD policy since 1970's not to accept NOK "new" applications for WW1 campaign medals.

However if that policy has changed can you post written confirmation from MOD so that Forum members are aware.

Sorry to have gone off topic but it is an important issue that James has raised that, if he is correct, will assist many members.

Steve Y

I spoke to the mod.

If the medals were never issued they are now sending them. There was a challenge. They are not replacing medals lost or sold.

You need to send either the mic or the medal roll proving they were not issued.

You also need to fill in a medal claim form from the mod Google ww2 medals for form

If the medals were never issued legally they belong to nok. They officially stopped issuing and replacing medals back in the 1980's but did a u-turn in 2014 for the 100 anniversary

If the medal was never issued, you can apply for them now.

Doesn't matter if it is other rank or officer. The MoD are still issuing medals not applied for.

James,

As such does this mean that the MOD are now making judgements upon entitlement? Last year I was able to satisfy that there was no proof off issue, but they couldn't make the judgment of his entitlement.

j

You need to prove he was entitled and that they were not issued

Regards