Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WWI ersatz bayonet?

Guest netennis

I collect Civil War, WWI, & WWII items. I recently obtained what I believe is an old WWI ersatz gras bayonet (as seen in pictures on this forum site). It is in a presentation case and was given to Werner Dollinger when he was German Minister of Transport in 1983 in recognition of his 65th birthday (as noted on brass plate in German). It has a total length of 25 5/16 inches with a blade length of 20 7/16 inches. It has numerous numbers and symbol stamped into it. Just below the cross guard on one side is the number 1 and on the opposite side below the cross guard a symbol that looks somewhat like a ? mark inside part of a circle. On the cross guard on one side of the curved part (with round knob at the end of the curved part) is the number 3847 and the following symbols: something like a P inside a *; something that looks like a stamped B; something that looks like a Y; and 3847. On the bottom of the curved cross guard is the letter L. It is in great condition. It will join my WWI knuckle knife, bolo knife, gas mask, etc. I appreciate additional information members can provide about it. I put 14 pictures on PhotoBucket and they are public so anyone can see them. http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/netennis/profileThis address should get you to them. Please check them out and tell me about the sword. Thanks to the individuals that suggested things I could do so people could see the pictures of the sword. Also thank you to people that respond to this listing with information after they look at the pictures.

Resize the image with some photo editing software to a width of 500 or 600 pixels, image should then be about 60 kb, attach via 'More reply options'.

Cheers,

Tony

This might help:

Pictures must be under 250kb in size and 1200x1600 pixels in dimensions.

Alternatively they can be hosted on an external site like photobucket and then linked.

Chris