Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

36th field ambulance

Willh1664

Evening everyone,

I'm looking into the 36th field ambulance and its time at loo's and the somme between 7/10/15 and 2/9/16.

I have their field diary, its a bit of heavy read due to the poor hand writing. If anyone has any sources or personal links to the field ambulances with the 12th eastern division? i'd great appreciate you sharing any info on the that time.

Thanks in advance,

Will

Will

You might find that the A/Director Medical Services 12 Division War Diary makes a more comfortable and informative read, £3.30 for quite a long period which covers your dates:

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C14053476

• 3 weeks later...

Good link and great information that I was also after.

• 1 year later...

Hi Willh1664 and everyone on this discussion. 

My 2nd Great Uncle, Harry Percy Jarrett, was in the 36th FA, from 20.3.1915 - 10.8.1917, when he died of his wounds at No. 19 Casualty Clearing Station. I've researched quite a lot about the 36FA, but have failed to find a photograph of the Regiment. I'd be thrilled if anyone had managed to find a photograph? Or would be happy to share any really good sources of information. I already have the file from the National Archives.

Thanks  

1 hour ago, explorer said:

Hi Willh1664 and everyone on this discussion. 

My 2nd Great Uncle, Harry Percy Jarrett, was in the 36th FA, from 20.3.1915 - 10.8.1917, when he died of his wounds at No. 19 Casualty Clearing Station. I've researched quite a lot about the 36FA, but have failed to find a photograph of the Regiment. I'd be thrilled if anyone had managed to find a photograph? Or would be happy to share any really good sources of information. I already have the file from the National Archives.

Thanks  

Hi Explorer,

I did contact the RAMC museum but they have no images of the 36th FA at all. I'd love to find a picture but the odds of that are few and far between.

Thanks,

Will

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I have just finished transcribing my step grandfathers diaries from 1915 - 1916 36th field ambulance. Lieut. Reginald Hannay Fothergill. RAMC. There are a good many names mainly officers mentioned. Has anyone on this discussion have any info on Fothergill. In August of 15 he joined as  MO to the 7th battalion East Surrey Regt. Later joined 134FA 39th division 1916

Finding the diary of 134th FA would be a great help in my research.