Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"German" Army uniform, Finnish Civil War c. 5/1918

apple

Apologies to the moderators for the cross post. I am also posting this photo in the Uniforms thread. If you want to merge them/ I'm breaking the rules, I understand.
The caption for the photo in the book this comes from labels the soldiers in this photo as "German soldiers". This is not beyond the realms of possibility as there were German soldiers in the vicinity of these girls when they were captured.
Finnish White guards, who had no set uniform, would be the other option.
I'm not an expert on late war, this photo is from approx. 1/5/1918, German uniforms. Further complicating matters would be that it would be (theoretically) possible that Finnish White Guards would be wearing German uniforms.
But yes, are any of the 3 soldiers in the photo wearing German uniforms?

Image1

• 8 months later...

I'm not primarily a student of uniforms, but the uniforms of three of the four armed men seem to be mostly German. Interesting photo. Any background?                                              

22 hours ago, bob lembke said:

I'm not primarily a student of uniforms, but the uniforms of three of the four armed men seem to be mostly German. Interesting photo. Any background?                                              

Bob,

I've replied to you on this other thread.

Antony

• 5 months later...

Previously when I saw this thread the photo of the womens' Finnish Red Guard company was displayed, but now one has to click on the icon at the bottom of the first post.