Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'Attrition' short WW1 film question...

kellyholmes

Hi guys,

I've been a member since earlier on in the year and when I've posted questions about my research for the film I'm making people have been incredibly helpful and kind.

I'm making a WW1 short film (based partly on the gas attacks at the 2nd battle Ypres in April 1915), which we have partial funding for and we are shooting the film in March 2016 in Derbyshire. This is going to involve building our own trench set from scratch and we have people involved in the Staffordshire Regiment Museum and the Birmingham Pals.

My question is related to the fact we are launching a crowd fund on Indiegogo to raise further funds to make the film. I wanted to ask where it might be appropriate to post this information on the forum? I've asked this question in 'chit-chat' as I thought I might get an answer here as to where I could potentially let people know about the film and the crowd fund? I wouldn't want to offend anyone by just posting it anywhere and/or in the wrong place, but I think some people on the forum would be interested in the film itself and our crowd fund, so I'd like to know where is the best place to tell folk here about it?

We won partial funding at Pinewood Studio by creating this pitch video as a trailer for the film:

And if you're interested in following our progress then please add our Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/attritionthefilm

Many thanks for any advice you can give, I really appreciate it,

Kelly

If you are trying to make a reasonably realistic film then there needs to be some effort on the part of the makers. Now I am not really a 'rivet counter' however, there is always an however. the young chap writing the letter is in immaculate order. it is as if he has been transported through the ether into this trench. This is just implausible. Also he is shown feeding individual rounds into his magazine when he would have had a charger. I must stop before I start on the barbed wire...........

The pitch video was shot ad hoc in the Staffordshire Regiment Museum on a reenactment day. It cost £1 to make. The "real" film will be £30,000 with military historians on board. So the pitch video only shows atmosphere and tone, not realism.