Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cemeteries in Italy

temptage

Sadly my friend had to put his Italian photography trip on the back burner as his then girlfriend/now wife was pregnant and suffering badly.

I havent spoken to him in over a year as nobody has requested any pics, but i will send him a message as as far as i know he is still living in Ancona

I understand completely, and thank you for taking the time to reply to me and for messaging your friend on my behalf.

i realised it was likely to be a long shot and really appreciate your efforts either way, I will keep checking here just in case. Thank you.

• 10 months later...

Unfortunately not. Havent heard from my contact in 2 years now, which is a shame as I have plenty that need getting in Italy myself.

Adam,

For WW2 topics you might be better on WW2 Talk.  The same offer of photos from Italy was also made there.

However Ancona War Cemetery was one of locations I visited last year, just a couple of weeks before you made your request.  Here's a photo of the headstone you wanted.  There's even the bonus of three free snails!

2581355-Signalman-Thomas-Jones.jpg.58b12bd4e9eb78bbf83b6f5b7e908c43.jpg

If you would like a larger version then let me know.

Regards,

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Jessica,

As with my previous post you might be better on WW2 Talk for information for this casualty and cemetery.

However this was somewhere I visited in 2014 so here's a photo of the headstone you want.

14587380-Private-Joseph-Robson.jpg.6686fee6add215f40f9c343b6b1d737c.jpg

If you would like a larger version then let me know.

Regards,

Ian