Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Downloads at Heidelberg University

charlie2

Fantastic Charlie - shows what amazing resources there are in German collections. Sadly none of the units or areas I'm interested in are represented. Maybe one day...

John

Very handy Charlie, thanks for posting. There are quite a few German ones that are free which makes a change from having to take out subscriptions to see a lot of ours. I did come across a very useful German one a little while back but unfortunately, it wasn't one of the free sites.

Fantastic Charlie - shows what amazing resources there are in German collections. Sadly none of the units or areas I'm interested in are represented. Maybe one day...

John

I don't know which units etc you are interested in but if you are not already aware of it there is a book listing the various newspapers that were printed here:

http://digital.staatsbibliothek-berlin.de/werkansicht/?PPN=PPN721554180

Charlie

That's tremendously useful, many thanks. I see it includes one called Im Schützengraben which I knew about already - the newspaper of 54 Division. Unfortunately I've never been able to get my hands on a copy.

All the best, John​

That's tremendously useful, many thanks. I see it includes one called Im Sch[/size]ü[/size]tzengraben which I knew about already - the newspaper of 54 Division. Unfortunately I've never been able to get my hands on a copy.[/size]

All the best, John​[/size]

Here it is

http://digital.staatsbibliothek-berlin.de/suche/?formquery0=PPN778444988

I don't believe it - Christmas just came early, and you are Santa Claus!

Seriously, this is a fantastic find and I'm tremendously grateful to you.

Perhaps I could drop you a PM if I'm trying to track down any more. Or maybe I'm just being greedy.

All the best, John

Perhaps I could drop you a PM if I'm trying to track down any more. Or maybe I'm just being greedy.

All the best, John

Glad I was able to help, by all means drop me a PM if you think I can be of further help.

Charlie

Many thanks Charlie, will do.

John