Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Military Operations France And Belgium online

Skipman

My investigation is finding no way of converting them.

It's a great shame; to get the full-set (or most of them) on my Kindle would've been great. I know I can put them on in pdf-format but they don't have the same functionality.

No, not yet at least, but if I do, will, of course, post.

Mike

Thanks Mike - I've looked through several times and not found any but hopefully they'll pop up some day.

Craig

The Home Page for the new Digital Library of India website http://www.dli.ernet.in:8080/dlix/ says

We need your feedback to improve the services and website look and feel. We will appriciate you if you can send your feedback to us at feedback.dli@gmail.com

I have in the past written to the DLI, although I'm not sure how much notice was taken. However, if a number of people write, particularly if they have similar concerns/requests, perhaps more notice will be taken.

Cheers

Maureen

Thanks Maureen - I dropped them an email saying how much we appreciate what they're doing. I suggested they join in the forum discussion so we can raise these questions, and thank them in person.

Hope they get in touch,

John

A great resource. However, I've been unable to find vols II and III for 1917 or vols IV and V for 1918 (and any associated appendices). Has anyone else had more luck?

Regards.

Reg

A great resource. However, I've been unable to find vols II and III for 1917 or vols IV and V for 1918 (and any associated appendices). Has anyone else had more luck?

Regards.

Reg

They where published after WW2, maybe they never got to the library on issue bring published during or after Partition.

Mike

An excellent find !☺

Pity it was not 2 weeks earlier - just bought 1916 ?

They where published after WW2, maybe they never got to the library on issue bring published during or after Partition.

Thanks.

Reg

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately the links are unreachable...

Hello Maureen!

Thanks a lot for the links!

Unfortunately the officila british history is incomplete. For 1918 ther are only three volumes available, instead of five.

But there are a lot of other very interesting books!

Thanks a lot again!

32 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Hello Maureen!

Thanks a lot for the links!

Unfortunately the officila british history is incomplete. For 1918 ther are only three volumes available, instead of five.

But there are a lot of other very interesting books!

Thanks a lot again!

Probably because these aren't out of copyright yet?

Jan

In India, I believe anything published in English up to 1947 is out of copyright. However I suspect that when the later volumes of History of the Great War based on Official Documents were published in 1947,  there was no interest by librarians in India to purchase these new editions, for political or other reasons, such as complete lack of interest. Probably by the time the later volumes were published, most of the British had left, including any librarians who may have been interested in purchasing these volumes.There is not much  general interest in the Indian Army in India in the British era,  let alone the British Army.

Cheers

Maureen

• 7 months later...

hello

the links to the documents of this thread are dead.

I would be pretty happy if I could get the 1918 books.

Cheers

Pascal

Some of the 1918 volumes are available on archive.org Not sure which ones you are after Pascal, but check here (keep scrolling till you find the 1918 ones) Click

If you do find the one(s) you want, download and save them before they go awol again

Mike