Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment 1914 - 18

LoyalRegiment

Members may be interested to read the latest addition to our website, an in-depth study into understanding the details of photos of Loyal North Lancashire Regiment soldiers.

http://www.loyalregiment.com/photo-identification/

Regards,

Paul McCormick

Well done Paul!

Harry

Yes, many thanks! My granddad attested with the 5th LNLR in June 1915, and it is nice to have some idea of what he would have looked like in uniform - sadly, there are no surviving photographs of him, but if you ever come across a studio one of a LNLR man with wife and three infantish daughters, then let me know!

Trajan

I keep meaning to add my Grandfathers details to add to his comrades in the 9th Loyal North Lancashire Regiment.

I am still gleaning info, and need to get down to the Wigan records held at Leigh of his POW entitlements.

Just when I think I have all the info, another source opens up. For example; last weekend I availed myself of the free access to the Ancestry website, and the 25th Divisional records for the German 'spring offensive' of April 1918. When my Grandfather was captured and injured (gunshot wound - right eye) around Steenwerck/Croix du Bec, on the 12th April according to the ICRC records.

11136682_1403432196641330_83964661427254

Edited by tom bowler

Thank you for all of the kind comments. We started the website in 2012 and have around 900 biographies listed so far. If anyone has anything LNL-related they wish to add to the site please get in touch, it is being indexed by the British Library so is a good way of saving your research for future generations ;)

Best regards,

Paul

I have visited the site on a number of occasions and have contributed information about my Grandfather.

This set of Photos is excellent well done Paul

bill