Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Diaries for 30th Brigade and 31st Brigade, 10th Irish Division, Ga

13757gilligan

Hi,

Does anybody have copies of the war diaries for the following battalions in the 30th and 31st Brigades, 10th Irish Division during July-September in Gallipoli please? Normally I would obtain them from the PRO however they have been loaned out from PRO so are unavailable at the moment.

5th Bn, the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

6th Bn, the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

5th Bn, the Royal Irish Fusiliers

I already have 6th Bn, Royal Irish Fusiliers

6th Bn, the Royal Munster Fusiliers

7th Bn, the Royal Munster Fusiliers

6th Bn, the Royal Dublin Fusiliers

7th Bn, the Royal Dublin Fusiliers

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

There are that many that I think your best bet is to use a library's free access (or history centre), book on to Ancestry, and download them,

Regards,

Graeme

Hi,

Does anybody have copies of the war diaries for the following battalions in the 30th and 31st Brigades, 10th Irish Division during July-September in Gallipoli please? Normally I would obtain them from the PRO however they have been loaned out from PRO so are unavailable at the moment.

5th Bn, the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

6th Bn, the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

5th Bn, the Royal Irish Fusiliers

I already have 6th Bn, Royal Irish Fusiliers

6th Bn, the Royal Munster Fusiliers

7th Bn, the Royal Munster Fusiliers

6th Bn, the Royal Dublin Fusiliers

7th Bn, the Royal Dublin Fusiliers

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you can make it to TNA they still provide access to them on their PCs. They used to offer them online, but since Ancestry digitised them TNA for some reason took them offline. There are a few GWF members who have the old files. Is there anything in particular that you are looking for or is your aim to get copies of the whole lot? It is a big ask if the latter and much easier if there is something specific you are looking for.

The diaries for the month of July for the 6th Bn Royal Munster Fusiliers and the 5th Bn Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers are missing. The rest are there, including the Headquarters 30th Inf Bde and Headquarters 31st Inf Bde for Jul, Aug Sep.

MG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

There are that many that I think your best bet is to use a library's free access (or history centre), book on to Ancestry, and download them,

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme - I don't think they can be downloaded. They can be viewed but not downloaded onto a hard drive. I understand one can access them on the PCs at Kew and even so I am still not 100% sure if they can be downloaded there. MG