Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

trench maps around the spring offensive area

ooshman

Hi all, I just need help on where to find trench maps in the area between amiens, cambrai, and st Quentin, basically the area where the spring offensive happened. I`m looking for them around 1917 to late 1918 time. I have st quentin and albert maps, I would just like to map the whole area as I am researching a few relatives and they all seem to be in different parts of this area. Any help where I can download or purchase maps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lee

Hi Chris, Thanks for those two web sites, they are excellent. I just need to get some real copies to put in my research folders, thanks again. Lee

You could try the Western Front Association DVD collection 'Mapping the Front' :

http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/the-great-war/great-war-mapping/mapping-the-front-great-war-maps-dvd/1205-mapping-the-front-three-new-dvds-released.html#sthash.nFKMlXRz.dpbs

There are 9 separate types/areas that can be purchased. They used to cost £20 each and many of them include aerial photographs. The Official History maps might give you the coverage you are looking for but you can check out the content of each DVD on the WFA site. They are slow and clunky to use directly from the DVDs but I copied mine onto a portable hard drive and they work very quickly and smoothly from that. They can be printed off if you need paper copies.

I can see them in the WFA shop here: http://eshop.westernfrontassociation.com/shop/

But it says in capital letters DO NOT USE. No idea what that means or why they have that on their site.