Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help deciphering Effects Record

LEUZEWOOD

Can anyone please help decipher the handwriting third column, third line down? I can only make out Ca... HP?

FYI, he died of wounds 24/9/16 and is buried at Etaples. There was a No. 1 Canadian Hospital there which could be it?

Many Thanks

Tom

post-77311-0-78163200-1440321310_thumb.j

No1 General Hospital. Could be Can [Canadian]but the n is different to the others in the entry.

Maybe a look at other entries on the page may help?

There are various mentions elsewhere on the Forum of No1 Canadian General Hospital. Also if you Google this then it shows: No1 General Hospital, Canadian Expeditionary Force.

I think that this is one and the same thing, just translated in different ways :thumbsup:

Hopefully someone with more experience in such matters will be along soon to clarify this.

Thanks all, I think No.1 Can G H (No.1 Canadian General Hospital) nails it for me. It was the ligature between the n and G that threw me.

Excerpt below from Etaples camp plan.

Regards

Tom

post-77311-0-72146600-1440325486_thumb.j

Hi Tom,

A good result. If you check out 'regimentalrogue.com' via Google then you will find a mountain of information on the 16 Canadian General Hospitals which existed during WW1.

Robert

Hi Tom,

A good result. If you check out 'regimentalrogue.com' via Google then you will find a mountain of information on the 16 Canadian General Hospitals which existed during WW1.

Robert

Excellent, many thanks Robert.