Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

My Adopted Soldier Project

germoore43

This project has been created by Gerry Moore who teaches History in a Secondary school in Ireland. Students from both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are "adopting" a soldier from their native county who died in the Battle of the Somme. The first group of 32 students have just finished their research and also went to visit the cemeteries in the Somme. Website is at http://myadoptedsoldier.com

My own story http://www.myadoptedsoldier.com/blog/about.php

post-105054-0-35124900-1440066918_thumb.

What a fantastic project that was. Superb,Congratulations.

I really enjoyed the website. Thank you for posting it.

Gerry

Thanks. Phase II of the Project begins soon with a link to the Irish Institute in Belgium. Please spread the news and share the website. Any information found on the above ill be sent to you.

What a brilliant project - we have been doing something in my school on the effects of the Bristol Blitz during WW2 and this academic year are looking at researching names on the low cal war memorial. We also take yearly trips to the battlefields and the visits always have a huge impact in the students.

Thanks. Phase II of the Project begins soon with a link to the Irish Institute in Belgium. Please spread the news and share the website. Any information found on the above ill be sent to you.

I would really appreciate the Info, and I will spread the word.

Gerry