Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help please Pte J H Hall 16th Royal Welsh Fusiliers

Terry Carter

I found the medal index card of 72917 Pte Jacob Henry Hall who served in 16th Bn Royal Welsh Fusiliers.

He came from Newport, Monmouth and after the war suffered problems with his lungs due to gas.

That is all the info I have, and I was hoping some member might be able to add a bit more if they can

Thanks

Terry

have you searched the on line welsh papers for him ? they are very good and Ive found most of the Wales residing Coldstreamers in them

Hi

Jacob Henry Hall was born 22nd October, 1893,Beaufort (Crickhowell), Breconshire died 10th January, 1965, Birmingham.. Father William Hall, mother Blanche. One of 12 children. Married Ellen Ridler and had two children Alfred and Trevor.......still looking

Regards Barry

16th RWF...Medal Rolls..Infantry Base Depot.

On the 1911 Census Jacob is not listed but Harry is, however the census is signed by Henry. I think Harry and Henry are one and the same...Jacob Henry!

William Hall married Blanch Ford 1892 @ Crickhowell, 11b,161. (Census married 18yrs)

Hi Terry,

His medal roll entry lists the 16th Battalion 5 times, and appears like:

post-113776-0-52155100-1440061707_thumb.

Wounded on several occasions, and posted back to same battalion? No apparent SWB, service or pension record on Ancestry.

Regards

Chris