Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ross binoculars

perejler

I have just emailed Tim and John with a copy of a likeness of John Frederick Moore Wilkinson taken from a

photograph. After Christmas will try to go to the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney to see if they have the original.

• 1 month later...

I want to state that we are open for suggestions about these 8X binoculars. Sorry I been occupied but I want a happy end for these binoculars esp. as a lot of effort has been put into the search

The happy end would be if they are restored and will be appreciated for their obvious connection to particular persons, but please note my limited lingual skills, you must be very direct in other words, if you send any suggestions-

To avoide misunderstandings.

Where are they now?

I would assume given the evidence they belonged to the Wilkinson family at some stage and they would be interested in getting them back.

Rgds

Tim D

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have been clearing my father's belongings and came across some Ross binoculars. Don't have an age for them. My dad was in the marines from 1948 to 50 (I think) where do I find the serial number to give me an idea of age? Any help welcome

• 4 years later...

As a direct male line descendant of Alfred Wilkinson and as an historian associated with the University of Newcastle, I would be very pleased to hear from other descendants and anyone else with respect to the contents of this thread.  

Edited by spof
Removed email address to prevent scammers harvesting it.