Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Major General (Hon) Robert Pringle Director-General of Army Veterinary Services

terryd

I would like a photo of the above who was Director-General of Army Veterinary Services in the Quarter-Master General's Dept during the early years of WW1. I have had no success with museums (IWM, RLC, AMS, NAM) and wonder if any Forum member can help please.

On page 281 of "The VC and DSO" Volume 2, page 281 there is a brief biography of Honorary Major General Sir Robert Pringle, DSO. It looks as if there is a photograph with his entry, but the photo does not appear on the online version of this volume on: lib.militaryarchive.co.uk/library/biographical

Moriaty

Thanks for your quick response. I have the 3 Volumes and had not thought of looking there!! In my Naval & Military Press reprint the photo quality is not ideal but better than nothing. I will try to locate an original Vol 2. It may be another respondant might have good pic of Pringle.

Terry

I would like a photo of the above who was Director-General of Army Veterinary Services in the Quarter-Master General's Dept during the early years of WW1. I have had no success with museums (IWM, RLC, AMS, NAM) and wonder if any Forum member can help please.

Terry,

Here is your man's bio and photograph, or if you prefer just the photograph.

Regards,

LF

post-63666-0-56422300-1439661502_thumb.j

post-63666-0-52123200-1439661523_thumb.j

post-63666-0-22607000-1439661574_thumb.j

• spof changed the title to Major General (Hon) Robert Pringle Director-General of Army Veterinary Services