The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

OH What a Lovely Gallipoli

Does anyone own the maps volumes of the OH Gallipoli in the original?

Today I bought OH Gallipoli Vols I and II (1929 and 1932) at the bargain price of £62. It was a long wait. They will be digitally scanned, OCR'd and put online as soon as possible (free access). In order to complete the online set I am looking to beg/borrow the maps volumes. I would be happy to indemnify any loaned volumes and insure them at replacement cost. I would need them for around about 2 weeks max. Scanned and digitised by a professional firm.

I already have the reprints but I cannot use these as reprints have 25 years copyright. The Crown copyright on the original have expired 50 years after first publication.

A long shot. MG

PS. They will be going online with the Div histories of

29th Div

10th (Irish) Div

42nd (East Lancs) Div

52nd (Lowland) Div

53rd (Welsh Div)

All free access and fully word- searchable.

I suspect that several good GWF souls will be able to help you but should you still be mapless in mid - late September drop me a line and I will get you a set. Sadly I don't think I can do it more speedily than that.

I suspect that several good GWF souls will be able to help you but should you still be mapless in mid - late September drop me a line and I will get you a set. Sadly I don't think I can do it more speedily than that.

Thank you for the offer. No great rush as it will be a week or so before the OH Vols get scanned etc.

Martin pm your details, at last the last count I had 5 sets....

They are technically maps and texts/appendices volumes.

Still telling me you cant receive any new messages. maybe you have been red-carded by the Mods?

For being greedy?

Great to see these resources being made available.

Bernard