Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Railways of the Great War

Anneca

Apologies if this has already been posted although I can't seem to find it. Just finished watching Michael Portillo and Railways of the Great War which I found extremely interesting and enjoyable. If anyone is interested you can catch it here.

Anne

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04dbt1w

Also available on DVD. They advertised for material on the forum a while back, which I passed to a friend in Bristol, who as a consequence appears, talking about her grandfather's diaries.

Also available on DVD. They advertised for material on the forum a while back, which I passed to a friend in Bristol, who as a consequence appears, talking about her grandfather's diaries.

These diaries were particularly interesting, thanks to you it seems.

Anne

Only indirectly :)

Think there's quite a few stars of the show on here - I'm the chap in WW1 uniform on Episode 2 talking about the North Eastern Railway Battalion (17th Northumberland Fusiliers)

I am the bloke who started the series in Luxembourg. There is also an excellent book about the series (in some ways better than the series), written by Colette Hooper.

Think there's quite a few stars of the show on here - I'm the chap in WW1 uniform on Episode 2 talking about the North Eastern Railway Battalion (17th Northumberland Fusiliers)

.......and I remarked at the time that the make up artists had done a great job with that handsome man in uniform connected to the NE Railway Battalion! :)

Anne