Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2016 - all speakers announced

AlanCurragh

I would like to attend and meet forum members.

Gerry

Hi Alan. I think you should have the participants do a dry run before the actual Conference. I'm thinking Miami in March would be perfect for everyone. :lol:

In all seriousness, is there any chance that you can do a simulcast on YouTube or perhaps video the conference and make the presentations available afterwards (for a fee of course)?

We have thought about that but to be honest, it wouldn't really be practical - and I'm not sure the speakers would really want their talks distributed after the event. You'll just have to fly over to Birmingham! :devilgrin:

Very pleased to announce our 4th speaker -

Bill MacCormick - The French 'Learning Curve': Foch and the first days on the Somme

Please see the start of this topic for details on how to secure your place at the conference

Thanks

Alan

And delighted to announce that our final speaker is -

Aimée Fox-Godden - "Somme Lessons - the Influence of the Somme Campaign in the 'sideshow' theatres"

Please see the start of this topic for details on how to secure your place at the conference

Thanks

Alan

Unfortunately I don't think I shall be able to get there after all. I'm very sorry to miss the conference! I hope to have better luck in 2017

Roger M.

Every year I say the best speakers yet!

Roger

Full payment made by Paypal for one place, Alan.

Would people like to see more trench art, or have I done that to death now?

James

One space required please. Can I do my usual arrangement? Also can I have another display table? I will bring a 1916 theme of uniforms / items if people are interested?

TT

We would love to see displays of trench art, and uniforms - not too long now, everything booked, just waiting for renewed oz passport to arrive, have UK one too in case of entry difficulties to the building :w00t:

Cheers

Shirley

One space required please. Can I do my usual arrangement? Also can I have another display table? I will bring a 1916 theme of uniforms / items if people are interested?

TT

Of course - always happy to have displays.

Conference and dinner fee paid through PayPal - hotel booked - see you all there then.

IF, as in BIG IF, the uni will allow me to go and IF tix are available, then I will try to come. It would be nice to meet some of you chappies. If I can get away. though, then be warned that I will bring my begging pewter tankard... :thumbsup:

IF, as in BIG IF, the uni will allow me to go and IF tix are available, then I will try to come. It would be nice to meet some of you chappies. If I can get away. though, then be warned that I will bring my begging pewter tankard... :thumbsup:

I'll save a space for you - then you can let me know nearer the time if you're able to come

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bump this up - around 90 attending so far so still plenty of room for anyone who wants to go - see the start of this thread for details

Alan

Alan,

I have forwarded a cheque for two, myself and a WFA pal David Norman. It has been returned 'Not Known' at the address I used. I will attempt to pay via this site but can you reserve the places.

Tony Paley

When do you want the balance, Alan? I will be away for three weeks from next Tuesday in Botswana, South Africa and Mozambique, so difficult to transfer money. Can it wait till I return?

Cheers Martin B

When do you want the balance, Alan? I will be away for three weeks from next Tuesday in Botswana, South Africa and Mozambique, so difficult to transfer money. Can it wait till I return?

Cheers Martin B

Martin - I'll be emailing in the next day or so about balance payments - but no problem if you don't get an opportunity to pay before your return from what sounds a fascinating trip

For those who cannot attend due to distance or cost would there ever be a possibility of an on-line video of the event placed on-line some 6 months later or possibly to purchase as a DVD? It would be fun to actually here these talks.

Thanks for considering this.

Ralph