Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2016 - all speakers announced

AlanCurragh

Second speaker now announced - Jeremy Banning - "The Somme Cauldron - three years studying life and death in the La Boisselle Sector"

Brilliant - looking forward to hearing Jeremy. And deposit paid yesterday via paypal.

Roger

Never mind it looking good Kim, what about the beer.

Cheers Roger.

Put me down please. You will have a cheque by the end of the month.

Cheers Martin B

I'd like to come along, please.

Do I just send the deposit through the donation PayPal?

Yes, you can do that. I explain in the notes to seller box that it is for the deposit for the conference.

Roger

Second speaker now announced - Jeremy Banning - "The Somme Cauldron - three years studying life and death in the La Boisselle Sector"

Many thanks for the invitation Alan. I'm very much looking forward to being able to speak to forum members about the history of the site at La Boisselle and the work that we undertook.

JB

It'll be good to see you again Jeremy.

Keith

Start is 10.30, ending at 5.30 (although we have over-ran in the past)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who have paid deposits - I haven't emailed back to acknowledge receipt yet, but will do so shortly

Alan

I'm very pleased to announce that our third speaker is Dr Jonathan Boff of the University of Birmingham's Centre for War Studies who will be speaking on "Haig's Enemy - Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria"

Please see the start of this topic for details on how to secure your place at the conference

Thanks

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Scrooge finally lost out. I have paid up for the conference and dinner. Christmas however has been cancelled.

Keith

In case people think I've forgotten - I'll be announcing our fourth speaker very soon, and the fifth early in the New Year. Please see the start of the thread for details on how to book your place at the conference, and thanks to those who have recently sent deposits

Alan

Hi Alan. I think you should have the participants do a dry run before the actual Conference. I'm thinking Miami in March would be perfect for everyone. :lol:

In all seriousness, is there any chance that you can do a simulcast on YouTube or perhaps video the conference and make the presentations available afterwards (for a fee of course)?