Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2016 - all speakers announced

AlanCurragh

I would keep checking - they might release a few more rooms sometime soon

Keith

Is there a theme to the conference?

Not as such - but it has turned out that three of the talks have a certain geographical link (it is 2016 after all...)

I see the saver rate for the Saturday night's gone already. Better get the Friday night quick before that one goes too! And don't forget your breakfast Paul!

Not as such - but it has turned out that three of the talks have a certain geographical link (it is 2016 after all...)

Caucasus and Carpathia?

Paul, tha's gone tight since moving t'other side of t'ills.

Paul, tha's gone tight since moving t'other side of t'ills.

Not at all. I'll just have to rely on you and Kim to buy the drinks all evening. (Kim won't mind. She always has more pints than she knows what to do with.)

Paul

One year I ended up with saver deals from 2 different promotions - I explained it on arrival to avoid having to check out of one room and back into another - apparently only Yorkshiremen did this.

Keith

Oh no! Kept watching and missed that, but we have booked airfares and arrive Thursday night! Also waiting for Oz dollar to creep up a bit!

Excited here

Cheers

Shirley

It'll soon be here Shirley. Don't forget, if you're staying Friday night too, we all meet up in the bar (of the Premier inn) then move into town afterwards. Usually around 7 (ish) but times will confirmed as we get closer to the date.

Has anyone told you that when Aussies attend for the first time the drinks are on them?

Roger

OK folks, roll up, roll up - see the first post in this thread for details of our first speaker - looking forward to your deposits.....

Hi Alan

£10 as usual for the deposit?

Cheers Martin B

Hi Alan

£10 as usual for the deposit?

Cheers Martin B

Yes please Martin - and I'll add that to the opening post

Alan

Alan is that a deposit times 2 by PayPal now, then full amount at a later date? Sorry if this has all been explained earlier.

Cheers

Shirley

I've just sent you the money for my ticket, Alan.

Ta.

Blummin 'eck Shirl, how long you coming over for cobber?

Jes' being dramatic! We fly straight to Birmingham, with a day to sleep and/or sightsee before the fun and lectures start, still can't quite believe it has all worked out so we could attend.

2 tickets reserved , looking forward to Jack Sheldon!

Tony