Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private Leonard Lomas DCM and Bar South Wales Borderers

Ferguson73uk

In my research on the Welsh at Third Ypres, I have come across Private Leonard Lomas, from Banbury, of the 1st Bn. S.W.B. He won the DCM in 1916 and a Bar on 10 November 1917 at Goldberg Spur. His MIC states that his medals were forfeited for a breach of K.R. Para 392 (xi), which is 'Misconduct'.

Accepting that he never received his trio, would he have forfeited his DCM and Bar as well?

Jonathan

have you cheked the rolls ? I have seen medals forfeited and then returned after the war

Checked the ones available on Ancestry and they state the trio was forfeited. Nothing on the DCM and bar.

have you cheked the rolls ? I have seen medals forfeited and then returned after the war

As where my great uncles (on sentence of death - later remitted) - forfeited and then restored.

Craig

• 4 years later...

Leonard Lomas appears to be the following individual:

Born 28 August 1896, his birth registered in the Shipston on Stour registration district, baptised on 18 October 1896 at Halford parish, Warwickshire. His service number indicates that he enlisted in April 1914, and was allocated a new service number in August 1920 of 3903268. His profession and address in 1926 were farm labourer and 71 West Street, Grimsbury, Banbury. His address in 1939 is 14 Newland Cottages, Banbury, Oxfordshire. His death is registered in Banbury in Q1 1976.