Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

4th Battalion, South Wales Borderers

GraemeClarke

Hi

I'm beginning to start pulling my hair out (yes - I have some !!) with Ancestry (or Anc*str*) and their War Diaries.

(How come I search for 16th Royal Warwicks and get headings 15 AND 16 RWR and then open them and JUST get 15th Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.)

Anyroad up. Im after the 4th SWB for 2 dates, one in December 1915 and one in January 1916.

Why do they end on 30 November 1915 or am I missing something ?????

Helpppppppppppppp !!!!

Regards,

Graeme

PS Dont get me started on the RFA diaries.

• Admin

Hopefully, this will work:

Start on this search page:

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/grouplist.aspx?group=uk_war_diaries&o_xid=65479&o_lid=65479&o_sch=Email

At the bottom, select UK, WWI War Diaries (Gallipoli and Dardanelles), 1914-1916

On the new page that launches, select South Wales Borderers from the "Regiment" drop down menu and 13th (Western) Division from the "Division or Corps" drop down menu.

You should get one item for the 4/SWB (for Jun 1915 to Jan 1916) which you can double click on to launch it

Russ

Russ

Hi Russ,

Cheers,

Never saw the drop downs B4, brilliant !!!

You are an absolute genius !!!!!!!

Regards,

Graeme

Just have to say -- Russ, this is one of the most useful links ever. I had no idea this was hiding away on Anc**try. (I have found 2/South Wales Borderers at Gallipoli!)

Best wishes

Frances

Yes, totally brilliant resource ... but also shows what 'fun' navigating An***try can be ...