Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Very, Very, Very Expensive Medals on E**y

ForeignGong

Hiya,

To get to your last one first - His MIC makes no mention whatever of anything being returned. In fact, it gives very little information - and the back of it is completely blank.

Answering your other question is not so easy. I have been through your mans Service Record and can find no trace of a copy of the back of that card. In addition, I have not seen one before and therefore can not tell you what was on the back.

Regards,

Mike

Hiya,

To get to your last one first - His MIC makes no mention whatever of anything being returned. In fact, it gives very little information - and the back of it is completely blank.

Answering your other question is not so easy. I have been through your mans Service Record and can find no trace of a copy of the back of that card. In addition, I have not seen one before and therefore can not tell you what was on the back.

Regards,

Mike

Many thanks again Mike! So, I'll assume his medals were sent out and received, and at some point, when-I-get-a-round-tewit (as ma used to say!), I'll start a search for them.

Best wishes,

Julian

Hi Julian,

Yes, I think it safe to assume that they were sent out and not returned. Good luck with the search for them.

All things are possible - I have a particular interest in a group of 18 men who all came from the same village and who enlisted on the same day together. I have some of the medals that were issued to 3 of them and (DOH!) missed out on one to a 4th one.

Regards,

Mike