Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

My website for 801st MT Coy ASC

Gardenerbill

I have just published the first version of my website, it is about the 801st MT Coy ASC who were XVI Corps Troop supply in Salonika, it is very much a work in progress but please let me know what you think:

801-mt-coy-asc

Very Good, well done for going for it.

Ideally we'd all put our research online to share.

Only issue i have with your site is the white lettering against a grey background in the drop down menus, not easy to read.

Well done Mark !

Thank you for all the research, effort and finance put into this great resource.

It will be very interesting to follow.

Harry

Looks very good and easy to navigate. My grandfather was in the ASC but I have no other information about him to even begin to carry out the research you have undertaken. Despite that, a site dedicated to just one ASC unit gives me an indication of what he may have done. As he was a chauffeur in civilian life, I suspect he was in a motorised transport unit.

Looks really nice, very slick. It entices me to read more - always a good point!

Thank you all for the positive feedback, I will look at changing the drop down font/background colour. The pressure is now on for me to add information to the blank pages and create more new pages, lots more to add.

Interesting, Mark.

I look forward to learning more about the Salonika campaign.

Kath.

I have made a couple of changes to my website; the drop downs now have a green background colour and I have added some information on the Motor Cars page (Curhalios you might find it worth a look).

Thanks - it's easier for this old man to read now.

I envy you your IT ability !

Harry

New page added under History 'December 1916 to April 1917' and another Sunbeam picture added to the 'Motor cars' page from Tim Goslings collection.

Two more pages:

Under 'Campaign' a brief account of 1915 in the Balkans

Under 'Company' a page on the 801st second CO Major Holland

Great job Mark.

As one who is also interested in this particular 'sideshow' (my Dad's father was in the RNAS in this area c1915/16) I am always fascinated to see more info about this region, especially when it is presented to this high standard.

Also being a bit of a transport 'nut' I'm always interested to see just how our forces were supplied - and of course the vehicles involved. The photo of the dispatch rider is interesting as this was my other Grandfather's role (he was a sapper - somewhere on the Western Front)

Keep up the good work.

Peter.

Thank you Peter,

I have a lot more information to come but it all needs pulling together into a presentable format, I am currently working on a page about the Surrey Yeomanry's activity, another unit supported by the 801st.

New page added to History for covering August to October 1917 and Thorneycroft added to the motor lorries page.

Page for 1916 added to campaign

Sorry for drip feeding these but I can only add as time allows with work and family commitments.

• 2 weeks later...