Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private Walter Law

AlanLaw

I'm trying to find out information on a relative Walter Law. The only concrete information I can find regarding him is mentioned in the book They Sleep in Heroes Graves by Glyn Warwick about soldiers from Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex. He is said to be a Private and part of the Essex regiment. His brother was Private Henry James Law who was killed in action in Gallipoli in 1915 whom I have done successful research on. Walter would have been born in Stansted around 1889. I have done research on Ancestry.com but can't find anything concrete. He is mentioned in the book as being on leave in February 1916 so I am curious as to if this information could be obtained online.

Yes that is the best match I have found so far but can find nothing more on this particular Walter Law via his reg number and their isn't much on the roll card to confirm anything. Incidentally what is the cause of discharge do you know? I find it hard to decipher the information.

That age range doesn't fit with who I'm looking for no. I also noticed that it states he didn't serve overseas whereas the Walter Law I'm looking for was home on leave in Feb 1916.