Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Forgotten men

john w.

I have just finished watching Forgotten Men made back in 1934, containing some very graphic film material. There were a number of what could be said to be sound bites from those who were there, including the Germans!

What I did find hard to swallow was the use of footage that had blatantly come from The Somme (1916) and being used to illustrate activity later in the war.. the closing months.

It was worth the watch though as its aim was to show some of the brutality of the event and would do well being seen more widely.

John

John ... I tried to get this video a year or so ago without success. does anyone know where i can get it now...

Steve

I bought a copy about a year ago through DD Video. Unfortunately I have already recycled the latest catalouge but you can check through their website.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone know whether "Forgotten Men" is available in DVD format? Now that I have this all-region DVD player, I am finding that some of the things I want to see are only available in VHS format! I checked DD Video but did not see it available there. I have wanted to see this film for several years. Perhaps I will have to see a private showing of it in November when I am in Blighty!

Cynthia

I'm not sure about a DVD version but Forgotten Men is listed as available through Amazon.co.uk for just under £12. 1 - 2 week delivery.

Rosemary

Cynthia

Seems like thats all there is.. VHS video.. bet you are NTSC....

Will enquire if it can be "sorted" .... if you know what I mean....

:lol:

John

:rolleyes:

Yes, John, I DO know what you mean, as I have had some of my own former PAL videos magically made able to play on NTSC VCRs! But we won't tell anyone, will we?

Thank you!

Cynthia

PS I have always purchased the originals - just for the record!