Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lieutenant Patrick King 2/5 East Lancashire Regiment

Jojessholli

Can anyone share any information on:

Lieutenant Patrick King 2/5 East Lancashire Regiment (Thomas Henry Patrick King)

Hi,

I suggest you relate what information you already have and what information you seek, in order that Forum members don't waste time covering what you already know.

Robert

That's just it - at the moment I don't even have a regimental number. I was reading 'They called it Passchendaele' by Lynn McDonald and read about him in that. Recently I've picked up some WW1 bits and pieces and some of his belongings are in them - from what I've read he was quite a colourful an well known chap. Other than that .......

J

There doesn't seem to be a service record on Kew's Discovery database,might indicate that he served beyond 1922 and his record not yet in the public domain.You could check the WO338 Alpha Index for his entry,it is free to download, if he served as I suggest he will have a "P" prefix to his reference there.

I have checked his MIC which confirms that he is entitled to the Britih War and Victory Medals. This also gives an address: No 9 Bungalow, The Approach, Acton Wells Estate, Acton W.

Nothing else to add at present.

Robert

I found that on 22nd June 1915 he was mentioned in the London Gazette.

'Private Thomas Henry Patrick King from 18th (County of London) Battalion, The London Regiment (London Irish Rifles) to be Second Lieutenant. Dated 23rd June 1915.'

Also found this - London Gazette 5th January 1943

Nov 1942 - retaining their present seniority: Lts - R.T.H.P King (168563) from R.A

• 4 years later...

Patrick King from the passchendale book is my father's grandfather, we are tracing back his history so would be interested in what information you have as my son is doing a school project on him?