Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt John Desmond Fitzgerald 4bn South Lancashire Regiment

museumtom

Only kidding, Tom.

I'm still trying to find him on the census, now we have a place and probable date of birth.

Thank you IPT and Verico, He was a mystery man but with the kind help of yourselves and the pals on the forum he would just be a name in a newspaper.

Kind regards.

Tom.

No offence taken. Happy to help.

Edit - sorry, just returning after a session away. Of course IPT was just jesting. But thank you for defending my honour!

I know the feeling! Now I want an emoticon my iPad's not providing the option...

It's too late/early for me to do the maths, but he gave his age as 38 on enlistment in 1915.

Thank you all, and just when you thought you have all that's possible on a lad you find this;-

Fitzgerald_zpsjm2saufs.jpg

The Irish Examiner. IPT. When you read this topic from the beginning you can see a hero's story evolve and his identity established with the fantastic help of the pals. May I say a sincere thank you to all concerned.

Kind regards.

Tom.

• 1 month later...
Guest Queenstown

did Austin and Christine have any more children in sydney or was Gerald the only son of Christine , all the above is true as Hannah Christine Harrington was my Dad Aunt we knew she immigrated to Sydney but my dad could never recall who she married except to say he was o'neil Also if anyone knows if Hannah son Gerald who was prisoner in WW 2 had any children would really appreciate fing out . Sadly my Dad is dead now but at least they can be included in our family tree Thanks to everyone Great Forum

• spof changed the title to Lt John Desmond Fitzgerald 4bn South Lancashire Regiment