Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Image Search: Library & Archives Canada

ulsterlad2

Not sure if this is the right forum section or if it's been mentioned already on the forum.

Thanks to Les Fowler on the CEF forum for this link.

http://collectionscanada.gc.ca/lac-bac/results/images?

If you've an interest in Canada's WWI history then this link is for you. I've a family connection to the 92nd Bn and LaC has some awesome images of the whole Battalion, the Companies and even Platoons. My uncle was in 'A' Co. 92nd Bn before joining No.4 Co.15th Bn. The 'A' Co. photos are so good. I wish I knew what he looked like.

Some of the photos are absolutely huge. I found it worked better to right click and 'save target as' rather than viewing via a left double click etc. Also vary the search terms. I tried with & without quotes 92nd Battalion. 92nd Highlanders etc

Hey, that's a great link, leading me to some fantastic photos of the First Contingent on Salisbury. I'm not sure if this resource was available three years ago when I was looking for good illustrations, but I would have been tempted to have obtained some of these then.

A few are photos that were published as postcards but, not for the first time, I reflect that some postcard publishers missed out on some great scenes. Illustrations of manoeuvres that appeared in magazines like the Graphic are also often more interesting than those on postcards.

Thanks!

Moonraker

I'm useless with cap badges, and was hoping someone might tell me!. The 13th's war diary states that it arrived on the Plain by train. There's another thread about the photo

here

and I've also started a thread on the CEF Study Group Forum.

Moonraker