Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RAF Sergeant Robert Henry Miller 6 Squadron died 28.10.1918

NSRG

Hello!

I'm looking for any info on RAF Sergeant Robert Henry Miller or his squadron from the first world war. I have the basic info from Ancestry / Forces War Records:

Sergeant Robert Henry Miller

Service number: 31013

Unit: RAF 6th Squadron

DOB: 1888

Died: 28.10.18

Record of effects from Tooting Military Hospital

Lived at 30 Niton Road, Richmond, Surrey

Any info or advice on where to look would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Hello.

His service record is available on Find My Past. (You can take out a months subscription at the moment for a quid with the code JAN2015)

Mick.

post-109151-0-09169500-1422225407_thumb.Hi Coldstreamer and Mick Leeds
Thanks to you both for the info - I got his service record from Find my past as you suggested (I think the voucher ref you had is out of date / not applicable to me, but no worries, it was a good suggestion).

His service record showed details of when he was promoted to sergeant and that he was a "Mech" sergeant, which would fit with him having been a carpenter before joining up, but raised a couple more questions relating to how he died - I've attached his service record and my questions are:

- in the section "Discharge" it says died 28.10.18 and what appears to be "B.O.91" or "B.O.JI" - does anyone have any ideas about this acronym?

- on the bottom right there is a rubber stamp imprint saying "Casualty card destroyed: no entry" with "no entry" crossed out and 14 7/20 written in - does anyone have any idea about the casualty card and what the writing refers to (is it a date?)

Also, I am still on the look-out for any info about his RAF unit, 6th Squadron during 1918 - any info or ideas on this would be appreciated.
Many thanks!

Hi Mick!

Thanks very much for the link - I hadn't seen this - lots more info here about 6 Squadron - Sergeant Miller not specifically named, but around half the people in the photos aren't named, so he could be there.

Your help much appreciated.

• 5 months later...

I'm still trying to get more info on Sgt Robert Henry Miller from RAF 6 squadron; as he died on 28.10.18, does anyone know if 6 Squadron at Abeele Aerodrome sustained and attack sometime in September / early October 1918?

Many thanks!