Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Seeking help finding relatives of British Soldiers in the Easter Risin

Guest MrJustinMac

Guest MrJustinMac

Hi there,

I'm working on an oral history project seeking to tell the stories of the soldiers who fought with the British against the Volunteers (Rebels) during the Easter Rising in Dublin in 1916.

I am specifically looking to speak with the decendants or relatives of these soldiers if possible.

There will be many commemorations taking place in Ireland next year to mark the anniversary of the Rising, and I feel its important that the stories from both sides are told.

Would any of you be able to help me, or know of anyone who might be able to help me. My email address is justinmccarthy.mail@gmail.com I would be grateful for any assistance at all.

Justin

Justin

Afraid not. I have responded to journalists many times over the years, and become increasingly disenchanted with their final products.

The final straw was the Who do you think you Are TV programme recently on the Carroll murder in 1920 in Dublin. Having spent hours talking to them, and others here too, I was appalled that the programme was so far from the truth, as to make the story they told unbelievable by those of us that have researched it.

Sorry :-)