Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Catalogue of official AEF photographs: full list with numbers/captions

4thGordons

I have just stumbled across something that will be very useful for me and thought it may be for others

The US Army Signal Corps took hundreds and hundreds of photographs of the AEF - many of these have been used in publications and prints often show up. Often these are identified only by the Signal Corps logo and a number.

So here is what is supposed to be a comprehensive listing of all the photos, with number and with the original captions.

This would have saved me a lot of time a few months ago -- but here it is now.

CLICK HERE - CATALOGUE OF OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE AEF

(Be warned if you choose to download this it is a 63MB file of nearly 600 pages)

Chris

Is the catalogue of any use , Are these photos available to view online?

The US Army Signal Corps took hundreds and hundreds of photographs of the AEF - many of these have been used in publications and prints often show up. Often these are identified only by the Signal Corps logo and a number.

For example: I own this print and I thought I had worked out who it is, now with the catalogue I can confirm that it was taken in Consonvoye and is Major AE Lord and his staff taken on October 14 1918 (33rd Inf Div AEF)

So yes, I believe it will be useful for anyone who has copies of or sees reprints of Signal Corps photographs.

post-14525-0-07772000-1421716156_thumb.j

I see its use now. I thought you had given a link to an index of pics that were available to view online.