Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Australian Ancestry Look Up Request

David_Blanchard

Hello,

Could anyone with an Australian Ancestry account please look up a death record for my Great Uncle John or Jack Hutchinson born in Wheatley Hill County Durham 1899 who died in Western Australia possibly Mandurah sometime before 1990.

Regards

David

David

Note the GWF rules on such requests: "Members who are NOT subscribers to Ancestry and similar sites, MAY NOT use the GWF as a platform to ask parties who are to download data on their behalf."

Whoops sorry. It's a long time since I asked for a lookup request.

Although I am a member of Ancestry UK

David

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your help. I have actually joined Australian Ancestry since my last post.

I am trying to find more details concerned with a marriage from 1941 in Perth. My great uncle married a Ivy May, his name was John Hutchinson but I cannot find her surname from the marriage index.

Any help appreciated in trying to discover her surname.

Regards

David

Hi David

The problem is the marriage is too soon - marriages 75 years old or more, you can only see them online.

You could try Trove - http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/search?adv=y - see if there is a wedding announcement in a local WA paper (if it is online!)

regards

Robert

I don't think it's on Trove as he was married somewhere in the outback Gold prospecting. I have found him and his wife on the electoral roll in various mining towns north west of Perth.

Thanks for your help

David

I find researching BMD in Australia difficult unless you know where to look in the first place. Just because someone was living in a particular state obviously doesn't mean they were born, married or died in that state. As each state keeps its own records, and there is no central registry, you can spend ages going through the various state's records. And Victoria charges just for looking at the index which can prove expensive if you're not certain of what you are looking for! However, New South Wales has online probate records and they give the date of death.

Ann