Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

621coy MT ASC. Information

GWF1967

Hi,

I'm looking for details of my great grandfather, Joseph Herbert John Walker Wilson.

He was a class1 reservist with I believe the Dorset reg. ( 9res/ 8521-9CS5B) 14/9/12.

He enlisted on 26/5/15 at Grove park, and was enrolled at MT Res Depot at Woolwich I think.

His Service No was M2/100612. I have a copy of his enrolment paper, pension and medal forms. He shipped to France on 25/8/15 and returned on 2/2/17. He was in hospital in Whitstable 7/2/15 and was subsequently discharged as unfit due to synovitis of the knee and VDH which I believe to be a heart condition. Any information about the movements of 612 coy ASC between the above dates would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Ancestry is playing up at the moment, but from what I can see, he trained at Grove Park and was discharged unfit from 621 Company, which was the ASC MT Reception and Discharge Depot.

In between, it looks like he served overseas with 342 Company, which was the 24th Divisional Supply Company (MT).

At present, I can't see a war diary for 342 Company before March 1917, which is in WO 95/626.

Phil

Edit: There may be something tucked away in WO 95/2203, but it's only a chance.

Edited by Phil Evans

Hi Phil.

Many thanks indeed for the information.

Thanks again for help with information regarding my Great Grandfather Joseph. H. J. W. Wilson. It helped greatly to put a name to a face or two.

I have identified him in several family photos and attach his photo prior to overseas service in 1915.

Guy.

post-119457-0-93912700-1420888616_thumb.