Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Shropshire's Sacrifice in the Great War (Online)

NeilEvans

New County Roll of Honour

Phil Morris, Neil Evans, and St Chad’s Church, Shrewsbury, have produced a new Roll of Honour for the county of Shropshire, to commemorate the precious lives lost in The Great War. A leather-bound Roll was presented to the Vice Lord Lieutenant, Col. Edmund Thewles on Remembrance Day 2014, who received it on behalf of the whole ceremonial county of Shropshire. The Roll will be placed on display in St Chad’s church in a special oak lectern and copies will be presented to secondary schools and libraries in both Telford & Wrekin and Shropshire, copies are also available to the public. (£15 Soft Back and £30 Hardback)

St Chad’s Church, Shrewsbury, are also hosting special services starting on Wednesdays at 5pm to remember every single man and woman at made the ultimate sacrifice 100 years ago.

In addition to selling the Rolls of Honour, we have also made the entire work available online.

http://issuu.com/shropshireroh/docs/roll_of_honour_final_-_6_october?e=0/9696769

If you have any queries please ask me on here or use the St. Chad's website.

http://stchadschurchshrewsbury.com/ww1/

Neil

post-31332-0-39058900-1420144120_thumb.j

A superb piece of research but I couldn't find an entry for Downton under D or even under a Ludlow subsection. I ask because I have a memorial scroll to an Edward James Kelly, KSLI, who was born in Clun, enlisted in Clunton and resided in Ludlow. His name is on the Church memorial on the Downton Estate near Ludlow.

Thank you john

High wood, you have me intrigued, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Hi

Fantastic work

Proud to see two of my Great Uncles on the Roll of Honour

Harry Leonard FOX of Wrockwardine Wood

Francis JONES of Much Wenlock

I have a scanned photo of Francis Jones in uniform; is there a WW1 photo gallery that I could post it on or maybe I can attach to an emai?

KRs

Malc Fox

Nottinghaml

High wood, you have me intrigued, I'll have a look tomorrow.

I have a photograph of the memorial on file somewhere. It is a marble cross that has the names of all of the workers from the Downton estate who gave their lives. The memorial stands in the church yard to the left of the main path.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I must say I was not aware of a memorial at Downton, thank you!.

E.J. Kelly can be found in the roll under Clunbury and Purslow.

Neil

Hi Simon,

E.J. Kelly can be found in the roll under Clunbury and Purslow.

Neil

That is a relief as you won't need to start all over again. :whistle:

I've already found a few errors, it was to be expected...........but it still annoys me. Fortunately we should be a position to redo the work in 2018.

Neil