Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TROTTER, Lieutenant, Archibald. 3rd Bn. Coldstream Guards. 31st Decemb

tharkin56

He was the last Polo casualty to in 1914 and the 121st in 1914

TROTTER, Lieutenant, Archibald. 3rd Bn. Coldstream Guards. 31st December 1914. Age 22. He was born on the 29th April 1892, received his education at Eton and Sandhurst, joined the Coldstream Guards in September, 1911, becoming Lieutenant in September, 1914. Lieutenant Trotter was slightly wounded at Landrecies in August, 1914, and again at the Battle of the Marne in September, 1914. He was a member of the Guards and Bachelors' Clubs. He was a very promising polo player, a straight rider to hounds, and well known with the Bicester and Grafton hunts and in London polo grounds. Grave Ref. I.B.18. Le Touret Military Cemetery, Pas de Calais, France.

Lieutenant Archibald Trotter, Coldstream Guards, was the only surviving son of Colonel Trotter, Barton Hartshorne Manor, Buckingham, and was twenty-two years of age . He had been twice wounded in the present campaign . Lieutenant Trotter was well known with the Bicester Hounds, and had been a whip of the Household Brigade Drag. He was a member of the Aldershot and Wellington County polo clubs, and, though only a one-goal man, was a most promising young player.

Remembering Archibald.

:poppy:

dont suppose you have a picture of him please (as I dont)

cheers

I believe i do let me get it do you, do i have to load into my gallery first now or can i still use attachment somehow.

It's not the best photo, but not a group shot

drop me a pm as a reminder

Thanks . will pm when on something easier to use than this device