Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Belgian soldier died in Scotland

Aurel Sercu

Mary,

Thanks. I found them indeed on the In Flanders Fields Museum "Namenlijst".

Leon François Ghislain Barré

Albert Pierre Ghislain Boudin (or Bauduin).

(I have not found the photos yet on the site you mention, but I am sure I will.)

Should anyone be interested in other personal data, feel free to ask.

Aurel

Aurel on the Scottish War graves site,click on the Glasgow ,Dunbartonshire ,you will see ST KENTIGERNS Roman Catholic Cemetery click on page 22 and you will see them.

Mary.

Mary,

Thanks ! I found them. And the man's surname apparently was a problem ! Boudin ...  Baudouin ... or as on the grave : Boudain. Actually it's make a lot of difference ! Baudouin is a nice name, derived from a first name. But French "boudin" means ... blood sausage ...)

Aurel

Sorry Aurel forgot to say sadly since that photograph had been taken the stone is now flat on the ground like so many others in the cemetery.

Mary.

Aurel, thank you for your kind words.

i'm not much into cycling, but do have an admiration for David Goffin

i've looked into the grave of Octaaf De Cra, and had a chat with the archivist at the Black Watch Museum.  I've found out a bit more about two of the others that share his grave. They both died at home, so they had probably been invalided out, hence no CWGC headstone. 

i am keen to hear more about Octaaf, so I will read up some more on him

if you could pass on to your friend that I visited again today and left some fresh flowers, the headstone is in pretty good condition, and I will continue to visit, as he is so far from home :-)

AuntieLola,

Thanks. I will contact the man who is interested in Octaaf De Cra (he is a local historian from the same village, Roesbrugge-Haringe, some 14 miles from where I live), and ask him what else he knows or has found out about the man.

Aurel

• 3 weeks later...

Auntie Lola,

Apologies ... I don't know why or how, but I see I missed your posting of over 3 weeks ago !  :-(

Thanks for the photo of the funeral. In a way it brings Octave's death so much more to ... life.

What a sad way to end ...

Aurel