Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Staff College graduates 1895

EastSurrey

I'd like to see a list of Staff College graduates, particularly for 1895. Can anyone point me in the right direction,please?

Michael

Michael

There are a series of boards in the Army Staff College building in the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst grounds in Camberley. I was there for a wedding earlier in the year and saw them - they record the officers who graduated and in which year up to WW1. I took photos of them but these have sadly been lost due to phone problem. Otherwise they will probably be this data in the archives at the RMAS.

Kind regards

Colin

or .. if no annual lists are easily available/accesible....the Army Lists contain show list of Staff College Graduates. 'Officers now serving who have passed the final examination etc etc ..' I dont have a List pre Feb 1900. is there a specific name you are looking for? as later Army lists will show names of all serving officers who are Staff College graduates - as you may, or may not know.

Thanks, both. I was wanting to see a list to establish who were the contemporaries of B.R. Mitford at the College. I'll look in Army Lists for 1895 next time I am at TNA.

Michael

Sandhurst's archive (which covers both Woolwich & Sandhurst ) can be searched here (note payment is required to view a specific record) but unless I'm missing something, although there are some listed for other years, there is no Mitford for 1895.

NigelS

Sandhurst's archive (which covers both Woolwich & Sandhurst ) can be searched here (note payment is required to view a specific record) but unless I'm missing something, although there are some listed for other years, there is no Mitford for 1895.

NigelS

Staff college is Camberley not Sandhurst? Sandhurst/Woolwich junior officer, Camberly Senior officer. Hence PSC after name.