Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

P14..?..I am New & having Picture attachment hickups

Jagerdad

The markings shown on the Left Receiver are simply the British 'Broad Arrow' and Proof markings from the time of manufacture at Eddystone.

From the top we have the Broad Arrow, followed by the Royal Cypher of Crown over the letters GR, then the crossed flags over letter P (proof)

Cheers, S>S

post-52604-0-65216700-1417833148_thumb.j

• 3 years later...

Sometime ago there was a post on P14 shipments to India which I am sure I replied to, but can no longer find. In the post the question came up as to weather the 169,000 that went to India, went direct from the USA or via the U.K.

I mentioned that there is a file at Kew, MUN 4/2411 Rifles: Shipment of Rifles from America to India, with a request for anyone near Kew to read it. As nobody replied I read the file on my last visit in October last year and it does confirm that 169,000 rifles went direct from a Remington factory  to India.Curiously there is no mention of the 8,500 rifles shipped for stripping purposes, or to be used as spare parts I presume. Perhaps these were used rifles that went from the UK?

If anyone can find the original post that covered this topic please let me have a link.

Regards

AlanD

Sydney

7 hours ago, shippingsteel said:

Is this what you were looking for Alan.? Google helped find this on another forum ...

http://forums.gunboards.com/archive/index.php/t-703913.html

Thanks for the renewed link - but good to see you are still around cobber! We have been missing you!

Yes that's it, thanks shippingsteel. After I posted, I realized that I must have seen the discussion on another forum!

At least I am covering all the bases. I will post my comments onto gunboards shortly.

Regards

AlanD

Sydney