Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MIKRA BRITISH CEMETERY,KALAMARIA

mickj

My Grandfather Gunner 142011 Ernest Johnson served in Salonika with the RGA from Sept.1917 until his death there on 25th Dec 1918 and as a result

I have a copy of a book listing all the graves in Mikra British Cemetery, Kalamaria, Salonika.

If anyone wishes to have a copy of the page that lists their relative's resting place please contact me on mickj43@hotmail.co.uk

and I will send it.

Regards Mick

It appears that the CWGC website now has a facility that shows the pages of the register.

It must be a new thing which I didn't know about, sorry for the waste of time.

The only information that differed from the original site is the cause of death and the grave number.

The book also has a map of the graves.

Regards Mick

Mick,

The soldier that Iam interested in is not a relative but served in the same ASC MT Company as my Grandfather his details are:

Private W Barton Died (Hospital) 9/12/18 buried at Mikra British Cemetery Kalamaria.

My guess is he died from Influenza.

If there is any other information about him in the book I would be very interested.

Mark,

The entry that you are interested in is as follows;

BARTON ,Pte W, M2/222334 801st Mechanical Transport Coy,

Royal Army Service Corps. (Died) 9th Dec 1918 (Grave no) 877.

There is no cause of death shown in this case but a lot of men died from the influenza.

I hope this is ok for you.

Mick

Mick,

The service number was very useful, I had 2 possible medal cards for this man, then when I went back on the CWGC website I noticed that the service number was there all along I just missed it (duh).

Anyway another search on the NTA medal card index found a match and I now know that his first name was William.

Thanks.