Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Centenary reenactment of July 1st, 1916...in LEGO's(!)

Beechhill

I agree that this is quite well done but is it suitable for the age range of young children who play with Lego to watch?

Anne

Please forgive my sense of humour but.......I wasn't talking about the antics us adults get up to when no one's looking. :w00t:

Anne

That is good. I dunno how politically correct children's games are meant to be nowadays, but I can remember back in the early 1950s wreaking great carnage in battles between my model cowboys and Indians Native Americans.

Moonraker

Please forgive my sense of humour but.......I wasn't talking about the antics us adults get up to when no one's looking. :w00t:

Anne

Indeed not:-)

Edit: I used to think, that when we got a house, I'd have a room for such antics. Turns out that apparently that room is 'for guests' and that I'm not allowed in there due to 'making a mess'.

Edited by Beechhill

Do what I did and get a shed summerhouse! Great for war games providing you don't aim too high! I reckon the footage in this is probably aimed at adults to show just how imaginative LEGO can be.

Moonraker, I dressed my next door neighbour's little boy, who was younger than me, as a Native American Indian while I played a cowboy wearing his cowboy hat (maybe that's why they moved away :devilgrin:

Anne

Originally LEGO was made to be non-violent. The chap that invented adored any weapons for lego. It started with pirates and knights and now anyhting goes. the WW1 chaps are after market DIY jobs.