Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

19th Lancashire Fusiliers Diary Look-Up Please!

Kitchener's Bugle

Hi all I am currently researching a man, Henry Molyneux Potter who served as Pte 49534. in the 19th Battalion, Lancashire Fusiliers, the 3rd Salford Pals Pioneer Battalion

Henry won the MM - LG 17.06.1919.

I would be grateful if someone could check the 1918 War Diary to see if he is mentioned at all.

Many thanks in anticipation

KB

KB. Had a search through my History of the LFs , Potter is listed in the awards section -, LG date you mention, but he is not mentioned with the other recipients at the end of the chapter dealing with the events in which these other men were awarded their various medals. Odd. Ralph. (Not much help really)

He was previously a St. Helens Pal Pte 20580 of 'C' Coy.

Thanks Ralph...............

Hello Dave, yes he was in the batch that transferred from the 11th SLR over to the LF's.... St.Helens man through and through...... Trying to find out anything about his MM Award with the LF's.

:thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Dear KB

Henry Molyneux Potter was my Grandad's brother. I have only just discovered that he was awarded the Military Medal. Would it be possible for you to share any information you may have about him?

At the same time, I wonder if you have come across his brother  William Molyneux, born 31 Mar 1895 at 61 Grove St. St Helens.

In 1911 he was living at 19 Lowe Street with relatives .

I know he was at Ypres and was wounded...lived with shrapnel in his lung until his death in 1972. 

I have battled to find info on his war service.

Any input would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Soos