Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Chelsea Borough Metropolitan Cemetery

SJ CLARK

I would appreciate any photograph of the Screen Wall memorial at this cemetery. I am looking for the names of two sisters aged 72 and 74 both civilians working in the

A.R.P and the W.R.V. during WW2 Both were killed during an air raid. The CWGC does not give any details other than their names and the cemetery name. I am supposing

that there is a screen wall with names from both world wars.

Any suggestions are welcome

Sincerely

SJC

Hi SJC,

Your request, which is specific for WW2 will probably be closed by a Mod, quite soon.

I can't stop now, and explain the status of WW2 civilian casualties, but if you haven't received a reply when I am free to return I will follow this up, by Private Message if necessary.

CGM

A quick follow-up:

There is no cemetery which answers to the name of Chelsea Borough Metropolitan Cemetery because although "Chelsea, Metropolitan Borough" is listed on the CWGC website under "Cemetery / Memorial Name" this is just a column of convenience.

All civilian deaths are listed under a Local Government District, that is: Rural District, Urban District, County Borough, Municipal Borough, or, as in this case, Metropolitan Borough.
I suspect you don't know the whereabouts of the grave/ graves of the two sisters.
Maybe the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Cemetery (Hanwell Cemetery) would be a place to start searching....
You expect their names to be on a CWGC screen wall. Not all civilians on the CWGC website are eligible for war grave status.
If you haven't done this already, check on Ancestry UK, WWII Civilian Deaths, 1939–1945.
This search identifies civilians who are are commemorated on Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) memorials or buried in CWGC cemeteries.
CGM