What proportion of infantrymen who landed in Aug 1914 would become fatalities or non-fatal casualties?
I would be interested in your thoughts. For the Army in the war, fatalities were between 11-12%. I would have guessed double that number for a unit disembarking in Aug 1914 as the infantry took a higher proportion of the casualties, 1914 was very hard and men who landed in Aug 1914 saw a lot more action than most.......
Background. Some time ago a fellow GWF member asked
The original cohort had 274 fatalities (27.1%). There were also 134 men (13.3%) permanently discharged, which is where I got a total of 408 (40.4%). To be honest, I cannot now remember why I grouped them together in this way (and did not also included POWs etc). I hope this is what you wanted to know.
Regarding the rest of the roll: I am very sorry, but despite previously indicating to you that I would provide that information, I have not managed to finish it yet. It may seem l